Washington state teens treated for overdose mixed Xanax, pot
The Clark County Sheriff’s Office says four teenagers hospitalized last week after showing signs of drug overdoses had taken Xanax and marijuana.
The Columbian reports that three of the teens were found on April 20 unconscious in an east Vancouver neighborhood, prompting the sheriff’s office to investigate. A fourth teenager showing signs of an overdose was taken to a local hospital by a parent.
All four teens were treated and have since been discharged.
The Sheriff’s Office said it “cautions the public on the dangers of mixing any drugs, legal or illegal.”
Xanax is a prescription sedative used to treat anxiety and panic disorders.
The sheriff’s office originally suspected the teens had overdosed on opioids.