Spokane Valley family safely escapes house fire
SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. – A family of six safely escaped a house fire in Spokane Valley Wednesday night.
The fire started under a desk in the basement of a home on E. 22nd. An owner tried to put it out with a garden house, but the fire grew.
Two adults and four children were able to get out of the home while fire crews arrived. Crews were also able to save the family’s pet bunnies.
Crews reported seeing smoke from the structure and quickly extinguished the fire. The home filled with smoke and due to the fire damage in the basement, the home cannot be lived in.
The homeowners acknowledged there were no working smoke detectors in the home.
The Spokane Valley Police Department encourages everyone to check their smoke detectors and said fire crews are happy to help assist in that process.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.