Smoke Pours Out Of North Spokane Storage Facility

SPOKANE — Firefighters responded to a fire late Thursday morning at the Self Storage facility, 322 E. North Foothills just off of Ruby in North Spokane.

The fire started at about 11 a.m. Witnesses say they saw smoke and then heard an explosion, however no official cause could be immediately determined.

There are propane tanks in the area of the fire, however it was unknown if they had anything to do with the explosion reported by witnesses.

Smoke was still creeping out of the storage unit as of noon, but the flames had all been knocked down.

Several of the storage units were damaged, however no injuries have been reported.