Report: Military personnel reassigned following Trump’s Asia trip
Allegations that multiple US service members had “improper contact” with foreign women while on President Donald Trump’s Asia tour have spurred an investigation and led to their reassignment, The Washington Post reports, attributing the information to officials familiar with the situation.
The Post reported Tuesday that the three individuals worked for the White House Communications Agency and were traveling with Trump during his most recent trip overseas.
During Trump’s Vietnam stretch, the three Army noncommissioned officers allegedly broke curfew, according to Tuesday’s reporting by the Post.
CNN has not independently confirmed the report, and a request for comment has not yet been returned by the Defense Department.
The Pentagon confirmed to The Washington Post that it was looking into the situation.
“We are aware of the incident, and it is currently under investigation,” said Mark Wright, a spokesman for the Defense Department.
A US official, speaking only on condition of anonymity, says three service members are under investigation for possible misconduct in Vietnam during Trump’s Asia trip.
Trump visited five nations while on his trip earlier this month.