LIST: These cities are banning fireworks due to the Northwest heatwave
Fourth of July is just days away, but with the heatwave baking the Inland Northwest, towns and agencies are rolling out fireworks bans to eliminate the risk of wildfires.
The places listed below have firework bans or policies in effect, and we will update the list as more come in.
- Lewiston: fireworks banned until further notice
- Medical Lake: fireworks banned through July 4
- Okanogan County
- Colville Reservation
- Deer Park
- Moscow: City of Moscow says they are banning fireworks due to extremely high fire danger conditions.
- Stevens County; Sheriff’s Office announced no bans yet
- Pullman; City Council will hold a special meeting Friday to determine if a fireworks ban is needed
- Grant County; Commissioners voted to not ban fireworks
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.