The Utterly Moderate Podcast: The Devil Never Sleeps (with Juliette Kayyem)
We are building a big COMMUNITY of people like yourself who value nonpartisan information and civil discussions about important topics. Absolutely no Democratic or Republican Party talking points, just the weight of the evidence.
Please join our growing community by subscribing to our newsletter.
On this episode of the Utterly Moderate Podcast we are joined by Juliette Kayyem to talk about her newest book, The Devil Never Sleeps: Learning to Live in an Age of Disasters.
Be sure to read her excellent recent article in The Atlantic related to her book.
In academia, the private sector, government, and media, Juliette Kayyem is a national leader in homeland security, cybersecurity, resiliency, and safety. She is currently a professor in international security at Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government. She is also:
- A CNN commentator.
- A Pulitzer Prize finalist.
- A member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
- The CEO of Grip Mobility, a technology platform that provides audio and video capabilities for rideshare companies to increase the security of their drivers and riders.
- One of Magazine’s “Top 100 Female Founders” in 2019.
- Former Assistant Secretary for Intergovernmental Affairs at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security where she played a pivotal leadership role in major operations including handling of the H1N1 pandemic and the BP Oil Spill response.