Dog’s cancer actually teddy bears she swallowed

A CT scan showed what a veterinarian thought could be a cancerous mass on a Saint Bernard’s spleen, but the object ended up being four teddy bears the pet had swallowed.

“This was not something we were expecting to find,” 8-year-old Maisy’s vet, Nick Blackburn, told the BBC. “We all know certain dogs enjoy chewing things they shouldn’t, but managing to devour four full teddy bears is quite a feat.”

The vet found the stuffed animals during an operation to remove the spleen, the BBC reported. The U.K. family is relieved that all the procedure yielded were the teddy bears, which Maisy stole from her Chihuahua siblings.

“She will steal the Chihuahuas’ toys and play with them but I’ve never seen her trying to chew them,” the dog’s owner, Jane Dickinson, told the BBC. “When Maisy went in, I did think, ‘Is she coming out?’ But she is loving life now. It’s like she’s got her youth back.”