Child playing with lighter sparks South Hill house fire, firefighters say
SPOKANE, Wash. – A Spokane mother saved her child from a house fire on Thursday, according to the Spokane Fire Department.
Officials said the fire was caused by the child playing with a lighter.
Firefighters were dispatched to the home near S Wall St and W 15th Ave around 3:30 p.m.
A caller reported that the front room of the two-story home was fully involved in fire and people were evacuating from other exits in the house.
The first firefighters on scene said the front of the home was fully engulfed in flames and immediately jumped into action.
The fire spread rapidly throughout the interior and exterior of the home, causing dangerous conditions for firefighters that went inside to search for victims.
Neary 25 firefighters were needed to stop the fire and salvage as much of the home as possible.
No one was injured in the fire, but nearly $15,000 worth of damage was done.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.