Cat, dog killed in Boise mobile home fire
BOISE, Idaho — Fire officials say a cat and a dog have died in a mobile home fire that displaced a family of seven people in Boise.
Crews had responded to a report of the fire Sunday afternoon.
Three adults and four children were able to make it out of the home safely. But the family lost two pets in the blaze and a third pet was unaccounted for.
Boise Fire Department spokeswoman Tammy Barry says crews had been able to extinguish the flames quickly, but the home was left completely damaged.
The department says the fire was caused by a cigarette that hadn’t been disposed of properly.