Brussels Sprouts and Cranberries
2 pounds Brussels sprouts
2 heaping cups whole, fresh cranberries
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Place the cranberries in a large (10- to 12-inch) skillet on the stove, and turn on the heat to medium. Cook them solo for 2 minutes, then stir in the olive oil and shallots. Keep cooking, stirring occasionally, for another 5 minutes, or until the cranberries begin to pop.
3) Clean and cut Brussels sprouts in half (leave whole if small). Add the oil, vinegar, brown sugar, nutmeg and salt — and toss to combine. Place Brussels sprouts on parchment lined baking sheet into preheated oven.
4) Roast until edges browned and tender, about 7-10 minutes.
5) Adjust salt, if desired, and add pepper to taste. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
COPYRIGHT 2023 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.